Re: Trunk Key

To: wyvern!ops.tridom.com!wade@hoosier
Subject: Re: Trunk Key
From: Randy Wilson <randy@taylor.wyvern.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 1994 20:00:44 -0500 (EST)

> Greasings and Lubrications All...
>
>       Does any body out there have a spare UN18 key that fits trunks and
> doors on chrome bumpered MGB's (and most other LBC's) ?
>
>       I'd like to be able to lock my trunk without replacing the lock.
>
>       Wade

 Just take the trunk lock/button/handle out, and carry it to most any
locksmith. For about $10, they should be able to make you two keys to
fit. The lock is held into the trunk lid from the back side with a big,
toothed, threaded collar. It is seperate from the latch mechinism, so
you can still close the trunk. Of course, it's up to you to figure out
how to get it back open without the button. :>

>       P. S. Please hurry, my wife is in there and the kids keep asking
> about the banging noise coming from the garage...

In an MGB? She apparently gives a new meaning to the word petite.

  Randy
   randy@taylor.wyvern.com