Re: British Cars Digest #969 Fri Oct 15 01:15:00 MDT 1993

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: British Cars Digest #969 Fri Oct 15 01:15:00 MDT 1993
From: Doug Phillips <Douglas.W.Phillips@williams.edu>
Date: Fri, 07 Jan 1994 16:13:16 -0500 (EST)
Greetings. I've beek lurking for a few months -- just too busy to keep the
communications flowing. I appreciate all the good discussions, and as a novice
LBC owner/operator I have little in the way of technical advice for the SOLs.
But I did contribute that neato quiz on british car terms and their US
counterparts....

Are there any expert LBC top installers on the list? My restored '52 TD was
complete, expect for the rag top. I ordered the Moss kit with the intention of
installing it in early spring '94 when I take the car out of hibernation. Moss
includes instructions, but I'd appreciate the net.wisdom on dos and don'ts
from  someone who has been through a top installation -- preferably on a T
series MG. My good friend, neighbor, and MG tech expert, Paul Allen, restored
his '53 TD single handed, but elected to farm the top installation out to a
local upholstry shop. The results were less than perfect - wrinkles and poor
fitting at the side curtains. Paul said he'd try to do it himself next time,
but he acknowledged it's a tough task. So, fellow SOLers - can you help me?

Many thanks.

                                        Doug Phillips
                                        Asst Comptroller, Investments
                                        Williams College