I second a newsgroup

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: I second a newsgroup
From: "scott (s.) miller" <smiller@bnr.ca>
Date: Mon, 3 Jan 1994 13:52:00 +0000
Ironically, just before I received the digest with Paulo de Souza's
proposal to convert or mirror this mailing list into a newsgroup, I had sent
my request to unsubscribe due to the volume and inconvenience of reading
this as a digest.

I don't know about everyone else, but I haven't the time to page through
20K-60K every day to look for topics of interest.  With a decent newsreader,
it's quick and easy to sort, pick and choose between the topics to read.

A newsgroup would also likely give a wider range of readership and input,
which could be either viewed as a good thing or a bad thing, depending on
one's point of view.

In short, I value the information I have gotten from this list, and will
likely need more information in the future, (i.e. the incantations required to
cause the engine of my Spitfire to reassemble itself) but I can't read all
the stuff all the time.  I have gotten so far behind that I don't read it
at all anymore.

If and when a newsgroup CFV is made, I suggest that email be sent to
anyone that has ever been subscribed.  I suspect that others have dropped off
for reasons similar to mine.  (I noticed several at my site came on, then
left again)

Thanks again.  Maybe see you on Usenet someday...

Scott Miller, in the bowels of Bell-Northern Research    Voice:(613) 763-2992
.signature USES DISCLAIMER     Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
smiller@bnr.ca       (For personal email: aa438@freenet.carleton.ca)