Shocks, Springs,Battery Storage

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Shocks, Springs,Battery Storage
From: Christopher Ball <triumph@io.org>
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 1993 12:21:07 -0500
Well, net wisdom  rules again. My ride hieght is correct at the rear
and front bumper, the door edge and the sill. However, the exhaust was
too low, probably from a cobbled up mounting system. That was the
scrunching  sound. In addition the shocks do seem to be worn and
that's letting me bottom out.(Thanks you Mark, John Lye, et al)
The third part of the picture, which I found last night on the
driveway, was a missing rubber rebound stop (on the panard rod mount
on the axle) It had dried out where the holding pin passes through
and fallen off. Luckily in thr drive! So, the rear spring sound be
OK, given correct ride heights. Thanks for the responces.

A few other assorted notes - Daren Stone is right - I meant to
say ... uh... Midgfire... no Stagfire, no wait ... Spigit!

Finally, I was giving a tech talk at the last club meeting in
Toronto and someone asks about batteries. I repeated what my
father told his father and said, "don'y leave it on a concrete
floor or it will go dead". Someone in the group said that was utter
rubbish, and he may well be correct. I have no personal knowledge
or why we all say this. The gentlemen in question stores his baot battery
on concrete, BUT trickle charges. I leave mine in place, unhooked and
trickle charge.
Is there any truth to this concrete rule? How can a few stips of metal
living in fluids, in a plastic case to boot, know that there's concrete
underneath them? Any chemical P.Engs out there ?

Thanks !

Christopher Ball. triumph@io.org