spitfire outside

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: spitfire outside
From: tooze@vinny.cecer.army.mil (Marcus Tooze)
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 93 13:20:23 CST
Hi all,

Well, the spitfire body and frame have to sit outside untill next summer at
least. All that is left on the body are the doors, some interior panelling,
the instrument panel (with instruments) and the windscreen ('shield).

Is it a good idea to bring in as much as possible...I have to take it into the
basement, the frame and body won't fit, but what about the instruments??
The body is resting on a couple of 2x4's to keep it of the ground, and the frame
is leaning against a tree. I have covered the bosy with a giant tarp.

Is there anything I can do to further protect the frame/body. I've contemplated
coating everything with oil, but i'm not sure.

Thanks

Marcus