Re: TR3 Brake reservoirs

To: jtw@lcs.mit.edu, british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR3 Brake reservoirs
From: "TeriAnn Wakeman" <twakeman@apple.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 93 12:12:20 -0800
In message <9311161816.AA08792@mercury.lcs.mit.edu> John Wroclawski writes:

>    From: britcars@hpfckjs.fc.hp.com
>
>    TeriAnn,
>    My experience to date with the reseviors is that they were unpainted.
> This
>    seems to be true of many of the small parts on TR's.  The resevoirs I have
>    appear to be galvenized (a very thin layer of poor quality).
>
> OK, this is odd. I just sent TeriAnn a private note mentioning that I
> have seen several painted black ones which I believe to be original.
> I have a couple of references which I ought to check, but at this
> point I'd also be interested in what other folks think/have seen,
> particularly those of you with TRA judging guides handy...
>
>                               -john
> John Wroclawski
> jtw@lcs.mit.edu

John, the only thing about your answer that bothers me is that the only black
resevours that I have seen are refinished.  The Land Rover uses the same
resevour on pre series III cars and I have never seen a painted one on a Land
Rover ether.  If this was something that Girling did, I would imagine that it
would show up across models.

Puzzled with a puzzle

TeriAnn & the once and future TR3A

TeriAnn Wakeman             One of these days, I'll be old enough that
twakeman@apple.com          people will stop calling me crazy and start
LINK: TWAKEMAN              calling me eccentric.
408-974-2344        TR3A - TS75519L, MGBGT - GHD4U149572G, 109 - 164000561