TR6 (ewcorco)

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: TR6 (ewcorco)
From: Peter Kootsookos <Peter.Kootsookos@faceng.anu.edu.au>
Date: Fri, 5 Nov 93 11:05:02 EST
[stuff regarding newly acquired TR6 deleted for brevity]

I have owned a 1972 TR6 PI for the last 5 years.... regarding:

=>      2)  The small, red "IGN" light in the lower part of the tach stays on
=> whenever any of the lights are on - any ideas where to start to fix this
=> indicator?

Well, from my recent experience, it's highly likely to mean that your
alternator needs refurbishing. This also fixed a problem that I had with
the electric fuel pump (which you won't have because my car is petrol injected
whereas yours has dual carbies).

=>              3)  The radio and speaker covers are after market; is there any
=> info/source for the original or rebuilds?

Hmmm. Mine has an original (I think) (i.e. mono) radio... they're not that
good. Now that I'm doing up the interior of mine, I'm thinking seriously about
putting in a decent stereo.

=>              4)  The carbs (dual Strombergs)......help!

Sorry --- No help there I'm afraid.

Ciao,

Peter K.

(1972 TR6)