Re: Re- Failure in Silicone

To: "Roland Dudley" <cobra@cdc.hp.com>, british-cars@autox.team.net,
Subject: Re: Re- Failure in Silicone
From: "Rob Reilly" <reilly@admail.fnal.gov>
Date: 4 Nov 1993 14:54:06 -0600
        Reply to:   RE>Re: Failure in Silicone Bra
(My original stuff deleted)

>In the Silicone brake fluid article in the October issue of BRITISH CAR
magazine the author claims that more pedal travel is required because
silicone fluid contains a higher percentage of dissolved air.  Perhaps
this is a factor in the increased pedal pressure requirement to activate
your brake lights.

Good thought, Roland, but definitely not in my case. The required pressure was
*increasing* from week to week, until finally I was standing on the pedal and
the lights would just flicker dimly. Brake shoes were still working normally at
the usual amount of pedal travel. New switch solved the problem immediately, if
perhaps temporarily. Its been in about a month now, maybe I'll monitor it for
awhile and let you all know, but I'll be careful not to drive without working
brake lights.