Re: Failure in Silicone Brake F

To: reilly@admail.fnal.gov
Subject: Re: Failure in Silicone Brake F
From: Roland Dudley <cobra@cdc.hp.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 93 11:17:53 pst
> Date: 4 Nov 1993 12:55:09 -0600
> From: "Rob Reilly" <reilly@admail.fnal.gov>
> Subject: Failure in Silicone Brake F
> To: "British Cars" <british-cars@autox.team.net>,
>         "Jag Lovers" <jag-lovers@psy.uwa.oz.au>
>
>  I can corroborate with my own experience, having just put a new switch on my
> XK120. I also noticed the amount of pressure required to light the lights was
> increasing. I think I will disconnect it and install an external switch
> somewhere on the pedal linkage.
>  So that is one thing to bear in mind when going to silicone.

In the Silicone brake fluid article in the October issue of BRITISH CAR
magazine the author claims that more pedal travel is required because
silicone fluid contains a higher percentage of dissolved air.  Perhaps
this is a factor in the increased pedal pressure requirement to activate
your brake lights.