Re: Re: Tire Rack

To: cobra@cdc.hp.com, british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Re: Tire Rack
From: bobj@meaddata.com (Robert Jones)
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 93 17:42:46 EST
From: Roland Dudley <cobra@cdc.hp.com>

|> > Date: Tue, 2 Nov 93 16:29:20 EST
|> > From: bobj@meaddata.com (Robert Jones)

|> > To: timd@ptltd.com
|> > Subject: Re: Tire Rack
|> > Cc: british-cars@autox.team.net
|> >
|> > From: timd@ptltd.com (Tim Dziechowski)

|> > I have.  I was very pleased.  I bought a set of Pirellis for my Mazda
|> > this summer.  They were about 20% cheaper than anyone locally and
|> > shipping was only $4/tire (about the same as sales tax).  They UPSed
|> > the tires to me and I got them in 24 hours.
|>
|> You will save a little but unless you're ordering tires that you can't
|> get locally, it may not be worth it.  I found that I had to pay a
|> premium to have my discount mail order tires mounted and balanced at a
|> local tire shop.

You might try Walmart, that's what I did.  They quoted me a lower
price than anyone else and then charged me even less.  In fact their
mounting & balancing prices were lower than what I paid a tire store
when I had tires mounted on my MG a year ago.  All in all I think I
save about $60, well worth the hassle of loading the car with tires
and driving to Walmart.

Bob