Looking for wire wheel hubs

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Looking for wire wheel hubs
From: "Chris Kent Kantarjiev" <cak@parc.xerox.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 1992 11:51:20 PST
Look for a set of spare Formula Ford alloy wheels. I just bought a set
of 13x5.5 for something ridiculous like $200, and they're much nicer
than getting something new. Check out autojumbles, SportsCar, the local
SCCA newsletter... if you're willing to look for a while, you can do
well. (What you really want to find is a set of American Racing
Equipment Libre wheels from that period, but that may be hard. They
look an awful lot like what SCCA Spec Renaults run, but I don't know if
the offset and bolt pattern are right.)

I've got a set of the original steel wheels complete with the
fake-Rostyle wheel covers (complete with 5 simulated lug nuts on a four
bolt wheel!) sitting in the garage. Maybe someday they'll be worth something.