Spit & Stag

To: hoosier.utah.edu!british-cars@hoosier.cs.utah.edu
Subject: Spit & Stag
From: gerry@probe.att.com
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 92 08:25:39 EST
As promised I went to take a look at a 1968 Spitfire Mk III (?) on
Saturday. Ths asking price was $1600 which I think can probably be
talked down to $1000 (it's been on this garage forecourt for at least 2
months AND it winter time !!!!).

The car looked all there, (ie no major pieces missing), it has  had a
pretty decent paint job recently ( I do not know how recent). The interior
looked good, with clean dash, carpets and I think a new top. I took
a quite peak under neath and so no rust holes in the chassis. All in all
I think it is a nice car for the money. I did NOT drive it so, I can not
comment - If anybody is interested in the car I can persue this further.

Also in the garage next to it is a Triumph Stag, which has been there for at
least 3 YEARS and has only been moved around the forecourt. I think this
would make a nice car for the right person - I am sure the garage would
LOVE to get rid of it !!!!

Gerry