British Parts Direct

To: banta@abingdon.eng.sun.com
Subject: British Parts Direct
From: gnh.wbst207V@xerox.com
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 1992 09:09:14 PST
Andy,
I was not on the British Cars network when the recommendation to avoid
BPD was made and bought a long center branch header and roller rockers
for my MGA early this year.  My only complaint was there was no collector
for the header; I had to make one.  A friend has since bought one and it
includes a collector.  It's my opinion the roller rockers are a clever design
and they work well for me!

Thinking about this further, I just called BPD.  They are not going out of
business but have added a new one, for their MG vintage racing customers.
I wouldn't give up on them but agree that carefully checking their parts (or
anyone's, for that matter) is a good idea.

BTW, it's not my purpose here to confirm or deny anything - only to sort
out the facts for the benefit of network members.

George