Re: WARNING! WARNING!

To: "Teriann J. Wakeman" <twakeman@apple.com>
Subject: Re: WARNING! WARNING!
From: Andy Banta <banta@Eng.Sun.COM>
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 92 08:43:52 PST
There's no question that Triumph Specialty is the top of the sleaze
heap.

But Bob Yarwood and his company, British Parts Direct, are right up
there.  In fact I'd even say BPD is more insidious, becuase you
can't *see* the problem when you get the part.  The cases I rememebr
off the top of my head are a poorly ground cam, a pre-cracked crank,
poorly machined roller rockers, and a leaky block.  Just looking at
ahy one of these parts would show nothing wrong.  The rockers and
block actually got installed in cars before the problems were
realized.  I believe Miq Millman was the one to peg the bad cam
before he put it in the car, and upon recommendations from the
brit-cars list, whoever bought the crank had the sense to get it
magnafluxed before putting it in an engine.  I still have my rocker
shaft with the rockers wedged on it.

andy
banta@abingdon.sun.com