Re: Re: Moss Gas Tank Slushing?

To: LFA15CD!TUSLER@TRENGA.tredydev.unisys.com
Subject: Re: Re: Moss Gas Tank Slushing?
From: Roland Dudley <cobra@cdc.hp.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 92 21:42:07 pst
> Date: Mon, 14 Dec 92 08:28:22 -0800
> From: Teriann J. Wakeman <twakeman@apple.com>
> To: LFA15CD!TUSLER@TRENGA.tredydev.unisys.com, british-cars@autox.team.net
> Subject: Re:  Moss Gas Tank Slushing?
>
> If it was mine, I would fill the tank with petrol and make sure I had a new
>good
> fuel filter in line.  If the tank leaked, I would pull it, take it to a
>radiator
> shop, hae it boiled out and patched.  If it didn't leak, I would drive it &

Some radiator shops will also do the tank coating for you.  Just make
sure what they use is resistant to ethanol which is widely used as an
octane booster these days.  Personally I think coating the inside of the
tank is a good idea to prevent future rust.  Ethanol absorbs moisture
from the air which means your freshly boiled out tank is likely to rust
again if it's not protected.

Roland