Re: Moss Gas Tank Slushing?

To: LFA15CD!TUSLER@TRENGA.tredydev.unisys.com, british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Moss Gas Tank Slushing?
From: Teriann J. Wakeman <twakeman@apple.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 92 08:28:22 -0800
If it was mine, I would fill the tank with petrol and make sure I had a new good
fuel filter in line.  If the tank leaked, I would pull it, take it to a radiator
shop, hae it boiled out and patched.  If it didn't leak, I would drive it &
carry at least one spare fuel filter. Most of the rust should work its way
into the fuel filter within three or four tanks.  If the rust is relly bad
I would disconnect the fuel line downstream of the fuel line and pump the
petrol through a milk filter (available from you local livestock feed store)
into a large gas jug then pour it back into the tank. Repeat with new filters
until there is no residue being cought in the filter.

TeriAnn