Re: Fix an old Temperature Gauge?

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Fix an old Temperature Gauge?
From: "Andrew C. Green" <acg@hermes.dlogics.com>
Date: Wed, 02 Dec 1992 12:07:53 CST
Thanks to everybody who sent me suggestions on what to do about the gauge.
One point I neglected to mention was that this was a kind of cheapy set I
bought back in the '70's and press-fit into some no-name underdash gauge
backing plate. There is no way on God's green earth that they will come out
again, so I was hoping I could repair the temperature gauge capillary tube,
the alternative being a whole new set and mounting plate. Several folks
told me that "antique-look" sets are available for older cars, so I'm off
to investigate that this weekend. Thank you all!

-- Andy