Fix an old Temperature Gauge?

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Fix an old Temperature Gauge?
From: "Andrew C. Green" <acg@hermes.dlogics.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 1992 11:36:27 CST
I have an old (~15-20 years) mechanical underdash gauge set (Temp/Amps/Oil
Pressure) where the temperature gauge has expired. It looks like the little
capillary tube connecting the gauge to the sender bulb has probably sprung
a leak. Are these things repairable in any way? I kind of hate to have to
install a modern replacement set as it won't have the same contemporary
look as the rest of the dash. Any advice appreciated.

Andrew C. Green
Datalogics, Inc.      Internet: acg@dlogics.com
441 W. Huron          UUCP: ..!uunet!dlogics!acg
Chicago, IL  60610    FAX: (312) 266-4473