Re: Battling Shipwrights disease

To: bryan@elara.MITRE.ORG
Subject: Re: Battling Shipwrights disease
From: southern@sage.cgd.ucar.EDU (Lawrence Buja)
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 92 10:41:14 MST
}Saw your post on the British car mailing list.  Just curious, what model
}Daimler is it?  My parents had an SP250 when I was a little kid, and your
}description could describe the 2.5 v-8.  I've had fairly good luck
}clear coating parts with an acrylic spray, but this might not work on
}valve covers due to the heat (I did an alternator and some brackets).
}So far, it has made things very easy to clean off, and you really
}can't tell that it's just real clean.  Use the matte finish.  I think
}Eastwood has some paint coating that's supposed to like like clean
}aluminum, but I have no idea how good it looks or holds up.

It's a right hand drive 2.5 V8 Saloon.  Silver with red leather.  Big
enough to haul the five of us around, it's like driving around in a
living room.  I got tired of having all the time that I was spending
play^H^H^H^H fixing the 2-seater toy^H^H^H sports cars taking me
mentally off in different directions then the rest of the family.  Now
it's become a hobby we all participate in.  I think Tris (4) and Roane
(5) got more satisfaction out of helping polish up those parts that I
did.  They were really proud of their work.  And they love going out on
those Sunday morning performance check-out drives, "Hold on Guys, it
gonna shift again!  Now bring her about and ring down for more power!
OK, let's talk like pirates!  Arggggg, avast there maties....".

/\      Lawrence Buja           Climate and Global Dynamics Division
  \_][  southern@ncar.ucar.edu  National Center for Atmospheric Research
      \_________________________Boulder,_Colorado___80307-3000__________