MG RV8

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: MG RV8
From: Dean_Zywicki%NIHDCRT.BITNET@CU.NIH.GOV
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 92 13:03:43 EST
|Date: 11-16-92  1:00pm
|From: Dean Zywicki:dcrt:nih
|  To: {british-cars@autox.team.net}:INTERNET
|Subj: MG RV8
   I picked a copy of "Car" magazine last night since they had a
roadtest of the new MG.  It says that it's 5% old 20% updated and 75%
new.  It still has a live rear axle with springs, but it has konis all
around.  Darn, no more lever shocks.  It looks real sharp.  Leather
interior, wood dash, porsche 911 headlights.  The road test was pretty
favorable.  They liked the car for what it was, an update on the last
MGB.  It still has some 30 year old technology. but the 3.9 liter V8
makes it worthwile. The new one uses the same sill, floor pan and door
   structures, but the other panels are all new.
   I wonder how much it would take to fit some of that stuff into an
older one.  The seats and interior look real nice, not to mention 197 hp
from the V8.

   Dean