early MGB shift boot-->snake boot?

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: early MGB shift boot-->snake boot?
From: Roland Dudley <cobra@cdc.hp.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 92 11:13:32 pst
Hello all,

Thanks to those of you who responded to my request for possible sources
of leather shifter boots for my Cobra.  The consensus was to either make
one or have one made.  Roger Garnett said the description I posted
sounded similar to the type used on early MGB's.  Not sure what years
specifically he was referring to but I'd guess pre '65 or so.  Any
early 'B owners out there with the original type shifter boot?  Does it
look anything like my description?  Here it is again in case you've
already blown my earlier message away.

    red leather
    round base, ~5 1/2" in diameter
    about 6" high.

I could have one made but I'd prefer an easier way.  My boot is red but
black would be an acceptable interim solution until I get around to having
all of the upholstery redone.

Thanks again,

Roland
cobra@hpcdcsn.cdc.hp.com