Heater valve

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Heater valve
From: Dean_Zywicki%NIHDCRT.BITNET@CU.NIH.GOV
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 92 12:54:37 EST
|Date: 11-12-92  12:53am
|From: Dean Zywicki:dcrt:nih
|  To: {british-cars@autox.team.net}:INTERNET
|Subj: Heater valve
    I finally had a chance to look at the heater valve too.  It pretty
much seems to leak like a sieve.  So, during lunch I picked up a new
one.  The place where I got it siad they have been having a huge run on
these things.  Anyone know any tips to keep these working?  My bet is
that they go all summer never being opened and then when it gets chilly
and it's opened the first time the valve is probably half frozen iside
and gets torn.

    Dean