m/c

To: fredki@key.amdahl.com
Subject: m/c
From: rgb@hal.com (Roger Bolick)
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 92 08:55:03 CST
If it didn't return, then you're missing the something.
Its too simple not to work, I would suggest rebuilding
it again and carefully check everything.

In the past I've gotten some grit in the area of
the small rubber seal and that caused it to not
seal correctly.  Keep it clean!

One other thing, did you bleed the slave?  You know,
remove 2 transmission to bracket bolts and clutch pin,
point bleed screw upwards (break this loose PRIOR to
removing trans bolts), loosen bleed 1/4 turn,
move cylinder down with clutch rod pressed onto a can
of hand cleaner, tighten bleed.  Repeat till no bubbles.
It helps to raise the left front wheel and try not to
stress the plastic line.  You don't think Triumph meant
for you to bleed this in place?  No, too simple.

The sign of a "real" Triumph owner is the ability to
do this at night on the side of the road with no light.
And buy a new slave, it will save you lots of pain.

Roger