Chicken repairmen...

To: ian@Centric.COM (Ian Macky)
Subject: Chicken repairmen...
From: paisley@cme.nist.gov (Scotty Paisley)
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 92 09:00:48 EDT
Ian Macky writes:

 > The man said "Wot's that?  You can't adjust that!"  I had to show him how
 > the adjuster works.  Then he said he wouldn't do it anyway, cause I'd blame
 > him when the bearing went.  He refused to touch it.  Cretin.

Ian, check in your yellow pages under "Automobile Parts/Service" and
look for shops that list under Triumph or MGB.  That's how I found my
shop that could do the adjustment with runout around...  Uh, I mean
without running around...

I don't think I posted this to the list, but I did write ian about
it...  The shop I found in my area that was going to pull my hub apart
for me was able to adjust my hub.  It cost was $1 a minute, but $15 is
a heck of alot cheaper than $229 for a rebuilt hub!!!  I put it back
on the car last night and WOW!  The car has never felt so good.  Must
be that new shift knob...  :-)

I had this dream last night that my wheels were not bent...  Very
strange...  Actually, Paul noted that my left rear tire did wobble a
bit when he followed me some time ago.  I put the spare on last night
and it didn't wobble so bad.  It's my impression that this wobble in
the tire could have caused my hub to become loose...

To whoever posted the wheres.the.map.gif on hoosier.... thanks... it's
a great background.

TTFN (ta ta for now)

-Scotty