Re: Auto/manual Choke and Sealant

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Auto/manual Choke and Sealant
From: "Andrew C. Green" <acg@hermes.dlogics.com>
Date: Fri, 09 Oct 1992 12:07:33 CDT
Paul (paulg@cme.nist.gov) writes:
> My windscreen appears to be leaking in the corner - where the rubber
> appears to have perished. [...] Does anybody have knowledge of a similar
> sealer product in the US?

I bought a tube of what I believe was G.E. Silicone Sealer for windscreens,
which comes in a sort of thinned-down form which is claimed to flow into
the seal via capillary action to fill in the gaps. I saw it in various
auto parts stores (and some hardware stores) on many occasions before I
bought the stuff, so it shouldn't be hard to locate. If this isn't specific
enough I will rummage through my basement and dig up the exact name...

-- Andy