Re: MGB WANTED NEW ENGLAND AREA.

To: ewb@swlvx2.msd.ray.com
Subject: Re: MGB WANTED NEW ENGLAND AREA.
From: Garry Archer <archer@hsi.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Oct 1992 09:53:11 -0400
Gene Balinski <ewb@swlvx2.msd.ray.com> writes:

> WANTED 1979-1980 MGB roadster in GOOD condition. Electric Over-Drive
> a MUST. Wire Wheeles very desireable. I am looking for a car with NDH
> (No Damage History) i.e. with no accidents, original paint,
> and LOW mileage (less than 50K). Prefer a car with a luggage rack.
>
> I am looking for a "driver-maintainer" type of MGB, NOT something
> for restoring. No rust buckets please. No "beaters".
>
> PS, any leads in the New England area would be appreciated.

Gene,
        In the "Specialty Auto Marketplace", Sept 16 thru Sept 23 edition,
there is this ad:

        MGB 1980.  44,000 original miles, garaged, overdrive,
        like new, $4100.  516-285-8005

I believe that is a Long Island area code.  Sounds like a car that fits
your requirements.  $4100 is a good price for a 1980 MGB too.

Standard disclaimer:  I don't know who the seller is or where they are
actually located.  I typed in the ad exactly as it appears in the booklet.

        Good luck!

Garry Archer Esq.       archer@hsi.com
3M Health Information Systems,  Wallingford, Connecticut, U.S.A.

"An Englishman never enjoys himself, except for a noble purpose." - A.P.Herbert