Re: removing paint from alloy wheels (summary)

To: Scott Fisher <sfisher@wsl.dec.com>, british-cars@autox.team.net,
Subject: Re: removing paint from alloy wheels (summary)
From: sggy@crux1.cit.cornell.edu (Roger Garnett)
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 1992 14:33:14 -0400
Scott Fisher scribed:
> Not about wheels:
>
>     It's listed in someone's catalogue under paint codes
>     (MOSS MGB?), or I'm sure University Motors knows. The only codes
>     I haven't found are MG Maroon, and A-H/MG Greens, for engine paint.
>
> In case anyone wants to purchase the paint itself, Seven Enterprises
> has Maroon Engine Paint, 11.7 oz. spray can, p/n SMI0192, for $11.95
> a can.  Don't know the color code, but Seven has a tech number you
> can call: (804) 873-0007.  This color is the same as the one used
> on MGB engines through 1971.

I should have mentioned:
I've used the Moss paint, and while it may or may not be the "correct"
shade, it does look good. (ie- paint the whole engine at once to avoid
a 2-tone situation)

Bill Hirsh (Hemmings) lists MG Maroon by the quart, and NOT spray cans.
I don't know how his colour turns out. One spray can is a bit thin for
an MGB engine tho.

   ________
  /     _  \        Roger Garnett             (Roger_Garnett@cornell.edu)
 /   /||  \ \       Agricultural Economics   |
| |\/ ||  _  |      3 Warren Hall            | "The South Lansing Centre
| |   ||   | |      Cornell University       |  For Wayward Sports Cars"
 \    ||__/ /       Ithaca, N.Y. 14853-7801  | (607) 533-7735
  \________/        (607) 255-2522           | Safety Fast!