Re: Need some parts

To: british-cars@hoosier
Subject: Re: Need some parts
From: gfd@akguc.att.com
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 92 14:44 EDT
Yes its true.  I drove 1000 miles with wife and mother-in-law to
Flatwoods KY to look at a '61 TR3 with a $1000 price tag.  I was
checking on the price to rent a 2-wheel tow dolly to repeat the
trip and pick-up the car when the gentleman offered to bring the
car to Atlanta on a flat-bed trailer for $200.  Needless to say
that I took him up on the deal.

Anyway Don Mathis, idling away his time waiting for his MGA to be
painted, remembered seeing a post for someone looking for a TR3
frame.  I must have missed it.  I will have one shortly.

I am in the process of dismembering the '61 TR3 to cut off the
rear half of the body so I can attach it to my crunched '60 TR3.
I traveled to Flatwoods because all of the TR3's that I could
find in the Atlanta area were rust-buckets.  The '61 was in
pretty rough shape with the front more rusty than the rear.  I am
spending my evenings cutting up the body (saved the marginally
acceptable wings) with a Black and Decker reciprocating saw
"Sawzall".  The saw works great.  I am able to put the cut up
body parts into trash bags for the trash collectors.

I don't know exactly what shape the frame is in but I don't plan
on saving it.  I am willing to sell it for a price commensurate
with its condition.

     George DeVeau
     Atlanta, GA
     404 447 2734 Days