Re: Magical Rust Conversion Liquids

To: british-cars@hoosier
Subject: Re: Magical Rust Conversion Liquids
From: spit@neuro.duke.edu (Michael Burdick (Spidiot Savant))
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 92 11:05:06 EST
I used some stuff from Eastwood that seemed to work pretty well.  It is
a watery liquid that I applied with a window cleaner-type spray bottle.
The metal that I treated had been cleaned then left to sit for about a
week, so the rust was mainly surface rust.  I brushed most of the rust
off before applying the stuff.  The liquid changed the metal to sort of
a gun-metal gray but did not seem to form any kind of coating.  I washed
it well with soap and water followed by laquer thinner and primed it
with an etching primer.  It has only been a couple of months but the
paint isn't bubbling yet!

=>mdb

Oh, it is supposed to be naturally formulated so that it is environmentally
friendly.  At least as friendly as this sort of thing can be...