RE: Magical Rust Conversion Liquids

To: british-cars@hoosier
Subject: RE: Magical Rust Conversion Liquids
From: Dean_Zywicki%NIHDCRT.BITNET@CU.NIH.GOV
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 92 14:28:41 EST
|Date: 3-26-92  2:28pm
|From: Dean Zywicki:dcrt:nih
|  To: {british-cars@hoosier.utah.edu}:INTERNET
|Subj: RE: Magical Rust Conversion Liquids
>I know that these things don't work really, but can someone recommend
>a decent product for putting on rust to help keep it under control.

    I would be interested if anyone has experience with these types of
chemicals.  When I took off the front bumper of my TR6 there was some
rust on the inside surfaces near the mounting things.  Luckily the
bumper is real thick, so the rust wasn't too bad.  I put some naval
jelly on it and let it sit for about 30 minutes.  Then I scraped it with
a real stiff wire brush and it all came off.  This would be hard to do
to a body panel I think (at least with it still on the car).

     Has anyone used the spray stuff ?  Does it work ?

   Thanks,
      Dean