Pumps

To: british-cars@hoosier
Subject: Pumps
From: gerry@probe.att.com
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 92 09:47 EST
>       When it rains,  it pours.  My SU fuel pump is intermittently
>cutting out.
>
>       Rather than going to the hassle of repairing a flakey design,
>is there something else I could fit which will work better?  Are there
>any aftermarket pumps to look for or avoid?

FACET fuel pumps are one of the best, most racing shops (eg Pegasus) has
them for about $30. Get the low pressure one.

Then fit a fuel filter and pressure regulator and you will never have
pump problems again.

BTW - FACET make a fuel filter specifically for their pumps which fits
on the INLET side of the pump. So all garbage from the tanks never
reaches the pump.

Gerry

PS - can someone enlighten me, and tell exactly what brazing is. I want
to buy a brazing kit but am confused by the different gases, temps torches
etc.