Re: TR6 wheels (wires) and tires

To: 71151.1546@compuserve.com
Subject: Re: TR6 wheels (wires) and tires
From: Roland Dudley <cobra@snakebyte.cdc.hp.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 92 14:50:50 pst
> Date: 18 Mar 92 22:26:30 EST
> From: Joe Flake <71151.1546@compuserve.com>
> To: sol <sol@hoosier.utah.edu>
> Subject: TR6 wheels (wires) and tires
>

> I may actually try mounting the new tire myself.  I've never tried
> this, but I don't really have a tire store I can trust it with.  Seems
> that mounting should be a do-it-yourself task, given some sort of
> tools to approximate tire irons (maybe a traditional US type lug
> wrench, or the BIG screwdriver which usually serves as pry bar, or ??)
>
> Joe Flake, N4BGQ

J.C.  Whitney sells tire irons.  Perhaps Sears sells them through their
automotive catalog.  But you may not want to bother.  A year or so ago I
posted a story about the problems I had trying to remove a tire from one
of my snake wheels.  I tried everything I could think of to break the
bead (including driving over the tire with my van) and finally ended up
cutting the tire off with a Stanley knife and diagonal pliers.  Do
yourself a favor and find a tire shop with the right equipment.

Roland