Re: my previous mail message about help

To: akgua!att!amex-trs.com!brucec (Bruce Carter),
Subject: Re: my previous mail message about help
From: tdm@akguc.att.com
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 92 13:51 EST
New Subject: The Book

     Over the years I have been told by fellow car enthusiasts
that there is "The Book" which contains cross references of
parts which are used on more than one car. For example I know
that the Lucas electric fuel pump used on a MG-TC/TD is also used
on a 4 1/4 '37 Bentley. Part of the MGA tail light is also used
on the same car. The distributor on the Bentley is a Delco-Remy
and is probably used on an American car. If I could find a copy of "The Book"
I could possibly locate a much less expensive distributor cap.
Has anyone ever seen or heard about "The Book" or is this just
a suburban/auto myth??
Thanks - Don Mathis