Re: Head milling, racing modifications and politics

To: kosmas@umbc3.umbc.edu (Kosmas I. Pentakalos), Kantarjiev@parc.xerox.com
Subject: Re: Head milling, racing modifications and politics
From: lupienj@hpwarq.wal.hp.com (John Lupien)
Date: Tue, 3 Mar 92 10:12:18 EST
> >>      [Kosmas' view on "The Class Struggle" deleted]
> >>   This IS still the british-car mailing list, isn't it?
> > Yah, I was wondering the same thing. Where's the fire system pull on this
> > list?
> GET ME OFF YOUR BLOODY FASCIST LIST NOW IF YOU DON"T LIKE WHAT I HAVE TO SAY

This is pretty amusing - if anyone thinks that British cars don't have a
political angle, they are welcome to drive their cars until the law no
longer allows it. Likewise, if anyone thinks that the political angle is
more important than the late hours checking ring end gaps and the occasional
top-down blast on a mountain road, they may not get much driving done.

I like to think that there is a balance in the world between having our
cake (but no bread$$$) and eating it. I think that someone's view of how
the political scene relates to British cars IS appropriate material for
the mailing list, just as are 30 page descriptions of our last trip to Podunk
in the Hillman. Let's not get too excited about it, though, it's just opinion.

--
---
John R. Lupien