RE: TR-4A top

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: TR-4A top
From: milliganc@aspen.ulowell.edu
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 1993 11:01:30 EST
George N. Hayes writes that he is looking for a top and that he is in the north
east.
        Where in the norht east are you?  There is a top and upolstry shop on
Rt. 28 in Lawrence, Mass. called Messina's (sp?).  They did the tops and tornue
covers for our '33 Riley March Special and '50 Riley RM roadster buy using the
old shrunken/torn tops, top bows, and windows. He also did the side curtains
on the roadster (the March's were "servicable").
         The only problem we had was that the rear window frame in the March
(the roadster uses plastic) was too high for the cowl-mounted rearview mirror.
He offered to fix it but since the top is *rarely* used, it was decided to for
go any aditional time on the project.
        There is a TR-4A in my backyard quietly reverting to nature. Real low
milage.....It's nose and radiator were wrecked in an accident in '72 or so.
it's changed hands at least twice and has set ever since.
        Maybe someday when all the OTHER projects are done....... my great
 grandchilderen can do something w/ it.
                             Good Luck and happy motoring,
                                        Kilroy