MGB sills

To: Dean_Zywicki%NIHDCRT.BITNET@CC.UTAH.EDU, british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: MGB sills
From: Kendall Robinson <kendallr@smtplink.chey.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 93 07:32:12 EST
         This got me to thinking if it would be easier to do
         the whole sill section rather than pieces.  Who
         knows what it looks like inside.  I assume this is
         a pretty common operation on a B and was wondering
         what some people have paid for something like this.

     Dean

         I did it myself, so I don't really know what it
         would cost.  I would guess in the $1,000+ range to
         replace outer sills, inner sills (not really
         the inner sill, the piece in the center of the
         sill sandwich) castle sections, various front and
         rear fender patch panels, and the paint to finish
         it all off.

         Hopefully your floors, etc are in good
         shape, otherwise the price goes even higher.  It's
         not a difficult job, just time consuming. Now that
         I think about, maybe $1,000 is too little :^)

         The key to doing the sills, in my opinion, is to
         replace all rotted pieces completely.  Don't try to
         patch things together because you'll just be doing
         it again in a year or so.

         Kendall