RE: Electric Fuel Pumps

To: british-cars@autox.team.net, cobra@cdc.hp.com
Subject: RE: Electric Fuel Pumps
From: "Daren Stone, D2 Mfg. Engr. C5/6, 5-9521" <DSTONE@SC9.intel.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 93 06:41:01 PST
     When I went to the 1275 on Redcar, I installed a std.
     Vera brand solid state fuel pump, right next to the
     tank, and on Harley-Davidson rubber oil tank mounts. 5
     yrs. later, still going. FYI, it was about $35 at
     Economy Imports, and uses a Ford filter that screws
     right in to it.
          While I'm here, I can at least give a cursory LBC
     update;

     Sprite: Sunday I R & R'd the generator, replacing a bad
     rear bushing and painting all associated components
     A-series green. Then last night Neil Senz (of Non-Senz
     Racing, fire-breathing XJS fame) came over with his
     Exhaust gas analyser and the collective knowledge one
     accumulates while trial & erroring six (count 'em 6)
     IDFs on a V12. I provided the rich-running Sprite,
     cold, ill-lighted garage, my vast collection of
     remarkably expensive Weber jets, emulsion tubes, etc,
     and home made chocolate chip cookies for nourishment.
     In the short period of ~ 2hrs. we had reduced the
     once-spluttery, soot-producing, plug fouling 1275 that
     immediately pegged the CO meter to a well-tuned
     powerhouse that purred like a kitten and have #s that
     would make the EPA proud. This was not w/o incident
     however, where at one point we both swore we heard a
     wrench fall on the ground, but could find none, only to
     later notice that an auxiliary venturi had ventured
     forth out of the carb and landed down behind the
     header. And it still ran well. Hmmm.
          Riley: For the sake of brevity, I'll just say that
     last night in effort to create Sprite garage space, Mr.
     Riley ventured forth from his automotive cocoon under
     his own power for the first time since Sept. '92. Nary
     a leak from the cooling system, nor a drop from the oil
     system was to be seen. Weather permitting, I think this
     calls for a SOLunch.

          cheers-
                 dstone@sc9.intel.com