re: disks in the rain

To: british-cars@hoosier.cs.utah.edu
Subject: re: disks in the rain
From: Greg Tobin dtn 224-1648 <tobin@neagp.enet.dec.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Jan 93 06:12:06 PST

    If the shields behind the disks are to keep the rain off, then mine do
 a tremendous job; if it is raining out, myspitfire will stop even quicker.
 The brakes grab harder, and more suddenly if it is wet out.  I am not sure
 why this happens, and it's not only that car I have that does it.

  When you apply the pressure on the brakes, you get an instant jolt of
 stopping resistance, yet when conditions are normal, the brakes are quite
 normal also.  Anyone have a  guess why?  It has has new pads all round,
 and a fresh bleed.

Greg