Vendor list update

To: british-cars@hoosier.cs.utah.edu
Subject: Vendor list update
From: phile@pwcs.stpaul.gov (Philip J Ethier)
Date: Wed, 6 Jan 93 15:09:42 CST
We sure are finding out about places.  I wonder if the vendors will ever figure
out how badly they shaft themselves when they cheat a netter.

Wouldn't it be neat if they knew, and were afraid of us?  By the same token, a
glowing report could net them a lot of business.  Knowledge is power!

Take this guy for instance.  How many of you are rushing to the phone to place
and order with him?  Thanks, Bruce!

-------------------------------------
Classic & Unique Vehicles   aka Campbell's Classics
3107 S IH 35
Round Rock, TX 78664 (Austin area)
(512) 255-9008 / (512) 388-0700

This place is operated by Mark Campbell under at least two names.  They handle
a variety of British cars mostly "original" cars as found across Texas.  The
stock is constantly changing and he has lots of random spare British parts.  A
word of warning, Mark is in business to make money and his opinion of "unique,
one of a kind, excellent condition" along with his sense of worth are usually
much different from mine.  Never pay the asking price here.  See it in person
before spending major money.   - Roger Bolick (rgb@hal.com)
This is where I bought my car (77 MGB). The spare parts he has are really not
that good. He acquired those parts when London Bridge changed hands and the new
owner did not want a lot of "junk" hanging around the shop taking up valuable
space. Twice I bought parts from him that were less than what I had bargained
for. I must also agree with Roger on what Mark calls "unique, one of a kind,
excellent condition". I would avoid this place unless it is your last hope and
can have a look at what you are buying, and know in advance what you are
getting into. Also if it makes a difference the other shops in Austin that I
know of will also not do business with him unless it is a last ditch effort to
try and find a needed part. - brucec@amex-trs.com (Bruce Carter)
-------------------------------------
We also solved the mystery of Floyd's wherabouts, but it seems they no longer
have an 800 number.
Floyd's British Parts
Cincinnati, OH
(513) 793-6662

Another boneyard, with good Triumph knowledge (at least).
- Chris Kent Kantarjiev <cak@parc.xerox.com>

Phil Ethier, THE RIGHT LINE, 672 Orleans Street, Saint Paul, MN   55107-2676
h (612) 224-3105  w (612) 298-5324     phile@pwcs.stpaul.gov
"Let me know if this gets too organized."  Steve Goodman