Re: Need Jag Parts Supplier

To: british-cars@autox.team.net, paulw@hppafcba.pafc.hp.com
Subject: Re: Need Jag Parts Supplier
From: zrol01@trc.amoco.com (Richard O. Lindsay)
Date: Wed, 6 Jan 93 15:51:29 CST
Paul Welch writes:

>Hi All-
>
>I need to know what sources there are in the Northern California area (or
>mail order) for Jaguar replacement parts.  I will need to win the lottery
>to continue doing business with the local dealer.  Specifically, I need a
>windshield wiper motor for my 1984 XJS.  The old one rusted through when
>the drain holes in the cowling plugged with small leaves and filled with
>rain.

>Thanks-

>Paul Welch

Boy can I identify with this story!  The plastic water shield that is supposed
to cover the wiper motor in an XJ-S decomposes into plastic dust as the car
rolls off of the assembly line.  My motor has been rebuilt at least 3 times
by me.  Soon I will have to replace it as it works fine when the temp is
above 40F but just refuses to move when it's below that.  It just doesn't
have to power to drag the cable through the wheelhouses full of almost
solid grease.

The best prices for parts that I have found are from

Welch Jaguar in Stubenville, OH.

XK's Unlimited is good but is a bit higher.  They are also committed
to "correct" parts.  The number is 1-800-444-5247.  West coast I think.
Additionally, you can call them without a part number.  Just be sure
that they tell you what is included in the replacement part.  ie. Does
the Part-x include the rubber mounting grommets, etc.

Good luck,

Rick

     Richard O. Lindsay        /     __  __      __  __
  Senior Research Scientist   /   / /_/ /_  / / /_/ /_/
  Amoco Production Research  /   / / / /_/ /_/ / / / \
                            / /_/
                           /
My opinions are my own, until they're worth something, at
which point they become the property of my employer...