Re: positive ground

To: hiss@fionn.lbl.GOV
Subject: Re: positive ground
From: "DSTONE, 5-9521, BPR: 237-2322" <DSTONE@sc9.intel.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 1991 07:35 PST
Eric writes:

>>I got the new dynamo in my rover last night and converted it to negative
>ground
at the same time. No real snags except the engine seems to run a little rougher
than it did before for some reason. I changed the coil leads around.  I didn't
get to the tach yet, so I hope that I didn't bugger it. Any ideas on why it
would run poorly with the negative ground instead of the
     positive?<<

     A very good question that I had a few weeks ago as
     well. I've swapped polarity on several of my own
     brit-cars, but when I attempted to do my brother's
     Sprite MKIII awhile back, the thing would barely make
     it around the block afterwards under it's own power.
     Skipping & misfiring galore, so we put it back pos grd,
     & no problem. One thought that we had is how well does
     the electric SU fool pump take to this swap ?
          And still the question remains, how do you get the
     electric tach to function properly again ?

          inquiring minds want to know-
                                       dstone@sc9.intel.com