Frame on TR6

To: british-cars@hoosier
Subject: Frame on TR6
From: Dean_Zywicki%NIHDCRT.BITNET@CU.NIH.GOV
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 91 11:07:13 EDT
|Date: 10-19-91  11:04am
|From: Dean Zywicki:dcrt:nih
|  To: {british-cars@hoosier.utah.edu}:INTERNET
|Subj: Frame on TR6
   Over the weekend, I was trying to decide whether or not to park my
TR6 for the winter, to do some restoration.  High on my list are new
floor boards, which I think I will orderfrom TRF this week.  Anyway, I
was looking around under the car and I got to inspecting the frame
rather closely.  To my dissapointment, I notinced that one of the
support members at the rear of the frame is pretty bad off with rust.
Luckily, it seems to be islated the the one support part.  The piece I'm
talking about is as follows: I'll try some ascii art

             Front of car
           |      |
           |\    /|
           / |  | \
           | |  | |
       ---> \|  |/
             |  |
             /  \

  If this makes any sense, it's the piece that is arrowed, the diagonal
connection between the two main frame pieces.  The rust is at the two
end points mainly.  How difficult is it for a frame shop to fix this.  I
called two places and thay siad to first ask my Triumph dealer if those
fram pieces were available.  I said thanks and hung up.  It looks like
just a square piece of hollow metal.  Anyone had any experience with
this type of problem :) .

   thanks
      Dean