Re: Previous owner mods

To: british-cars@hoosier
Subject: Re: Previous owner mods
From: stern@neocad.com (Carl Stern)
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 91 09:47:49 MDT

>There are also two 3" x 4" holes cut in the interior side walls of the
>footwells that I still haven't figured out what they are for.
>
>Bob

     Those wouldn't be the heat vents by any chance would they? :)

   Now for my "me too":

   In my 74 MGB, there is a switch on the gearbox that is "on" whenever the
car is in a forward gear.  Apparently this was part of a safety system that
made the seat belt warning go off if you were in gear and the seat belt was not
connected.  My previous owner had used this switch instead of the reverse gear
switch for the backup lamps.  That coupled with one backup bulb being out made
for a pretty funny view from behind my car.  First gear, light on, pass through
neutral, light off, second gear, light on, etc.  Put it in reverse though, no
backup lights at all.  Kind of a gear change monitor.

 Carl