Prior owner mods

To: british-cars@hoosier
Subject: Prior owner mods
From: Dustin Kassman <dhk@hpcvxbt.cv.hp.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 91 13:19:03 PDT
>So, people, what's the most off the wall mod you've seen on your
>newly-purchased old car?
>
>   - Jerry

When I was doing a pre-purchase inspection on my MGB GT I noticed that
the factory air filter housings had been replaced with a nice set of
round aluminum plates which fit on the end of the stock filters.  Only
when I went to replace the filter elements after purchasing the car did
I discover that each plate was actually the bottom of an oil can with
two holes punched through for the mounting bolts.  Looking at the back
side of the plates it looked like the holes were made with a can opener.

                                Dustin Kassman
                                dhk@cv.hp.com