Previous Owners

To: british-cars@hoosier
Subject: Previous Owners
From: Nelson Yaple <Nelson_Yaple@ccm.hf.intel.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 91 11:50:23 PST
          Ok.  Well I've been meaning to document this one.  Roll up
          the sleeves, and let it fly...

          I have a 74 Lotus Elite, it was Satch Carlson's Yellar Dog
          (a dubious distinction). First what Satch had done to the
          car was to cut the engine wiring harness, solder the fuse
          block with buss wire and the route the cut harness into a
          metal socket wrench box.  He then proceeded to place all the
          relay, regulators, new fuse block, electronic ingintion and
          ignition coil into the box.  Mind you this box is not water
          tight and all of the component where mounted to the floor of
          the box.  He then mounted it on the fender inside the hood.
          He then rewired the interior to match his new under hood
          electrical system.

          I was told by the guy who sold the car for Satch that "he
          made this modification for Rallying" ????

          BTW I've kept the box and I'm planning to enshirne it in a
          display cabinet for all disbelievers.