More hood/top repair Q's

To: british-cars@alliant.Alliant.COM
Subject: More hood/top repair Q's
From: mit-eddie!sybase.com!barry@EDDIE.MIT.EDU (barry klawans)
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 90 10:08:27 PDT
While we are on the topic of repairing tears in vinyl tops, does anyone have
any sugestions on how to repair a seam that is giving up?  My TR-8 still has
the original top (10 years old and still in pretty good shape) and the seam
that hold that zipper around the rear window are starting to tear out,
particularly at the corners where there is more stress on the material.
If I just sew it up with heavy thread will I have a leaky seam?

Also, how hard is it to replace some of the snaps that are riveted to the
car?  I'm missing two.  The snaps and rivits are easy to come by, but I
haven't any experience using rivits.  How hard is it to replace them yourself?

Barry Klawans                                           Sybase
Standard disclaimers apply.                             6475 Christie Ave
barry@sybase.com                                        Emeryville, CA  94608

Remember, friction is our friend.