RE:vintage racing

To: british-cars@Alliant.COM
Subject: RE:vintage racing
From: "You Know Who" <mit-eddie!PSUVM.PSU.EDU!GGN100@EDDIE.MIT.EDU>
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 90 16:58 EDT
     Since I am the one who started this thread, I think that I am the one
who should speak up. I am not trying to set up a "Killer" vintage car. That
would be quite easy to do (mix one "legal" Lotus 7 title with a current
Caterham 7 chassis, and drop in a BDA straight from a FA car) I want to have
some fun driving a "Classic" race car on some wonderful courses at speed.
I am not looking to create a UMG400 copy (don't got a XPAG engine :) or
an EX-182 (Le-Mans prototypes, I think. Is that the right numerical designation
Scott?) The B engine is in there because IMO the 5 main bearing engine is
much more dependable than a 3 main. It just so happens that there is 200 more
cc's than before. Is it THAT much a crime?

                                                    greg