Re: TR6 Brake Problems

To: british-cars@alliant.Alliant.COM
Subject: Re: TR6 Brake Problems
From: mit-eddie!ames.arc.nasa.gov!ssi!ssiwest!young@EDDIE.MIT.EDU (Indi)
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 90 10:01:03 PDT
        Hold that on the brake master cylinder rebuild...

        Hmmm.  We called the Roadster Factory and they said it's almost
        certain it's the calipers!  We're gonna have someone check them
        for roundness then see what we gotta buy.  TRF said the brake
        master cylinder was a "fail off" device, meaning if it fails, it
        will fail with no brakes, not with locked brakes.

        Mitch rebuilt the calipers a few months ago and TRF said that since
        the new seals are bigger than the old seals, that it would
        bring out any defects that might be present in the calipers.

        Stay tuned...

        indi (Cathy Young)         |"ssiwest!young"@lll-lcc.llnl.gov
        Supercomputer Systems, Inc | or: uunet!ssi!young
        Livermore, CA              | (415)373-8044