I am selling a friend

To: alliant!alliant.Alliant.COM!british-cars@EDDIE.MIT.EDU
Subject: I am selling a friend
From: sgi!europa.esd.sgi.com!steve@EDDIE.MIT.EDU (Steve Valin)
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 90 14:06:35 PDT
Due to an unforseen financial difficulty (a Matra Djet has seduced me), I must
sell a trusted old friend: my Triumph TR-250.

1968 Triumph TR-250 serial number 68CD170

The car is in very good condition.  The only rust I can find is the passenger
floor board from the seat to the firewall.  The paint (dark blue) is about
8 to 10 years old, but is still in good shape.  It has the stock rims with
Michelin red wall tires.  There is a dent in the right rear fender that
didn't disturb the paint and is hard to see.  The top is in good shape.
The tonneau is new.  The interior is fine, but the dash needs to be
refinished or replaced.  I also have a luggage rack for the boot.

The engine is very strong and has all its emmision stuff on it.  The only
problem is that it is still a bitch to smog (damn Zenith-Stromberg pieces
of shit!).  The transmission has been rebuilt.  It always starts and runs
great.

This is a very solid, original car that doesn't require any immediate
attention.  I really, really, realy hate to sell it, but I decided I want
this Matra more and I can't come up with any way to keep both. Besides, I
will still have three british cars left that I will never sell.

I would like to get about $5500 for it.  It is also equally important that it
goes to a good home, too.

Email me at steve@europa.esd.sgi.com
or call me at (415)335-1379 or (415)726-1573  if there are any questions.

By the way, the car is in the San Francisco bay area, Half Moon Bay
specifically.  I can arrange to drive it to work in Mountain View during the
weekdays.

--
steve valin             Bad Boys Rape Our Young Girls
steve@sgi.com           But Violet Gives Willingly