FW: Air system problem

To: "'Bricklin'" <bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: FW: Air system problem
From: "Early, Stephen" <Stephen.Early@mbna.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2002 09:19:46 -0500
That is your air pressure regulator.  Sometimes they stick which causes
leaks.  The knob that broke off is to adjust the air pressure delivered to
the air doors.

You may be able to unstick the regulator.  On the sides of the regulator
(knob removed) at 3 and 9 o'clock are two holes.  These holes are leaking
the air you hear.  Try shooting a lubricant like WD-40 into each hole.
Then, while applying air to the system, hold your fingers over both holes
tightly.  The leak will stop and pressure should build, assuming you have no
other leaks.  Once the pressure builds enough, the regulator may unstick
itself.  You'll know because when you remove your fingers no more air will
leak.  I periodically spray WD-40 in mine just to prevent it from sticking.

If the above quick fix does not work, you can also remove, disassemble and
clean the regulator.  It's not too difficult and will give you a better
understanding of how they work.

Stephen I. Early
Portfolio Conversions
MBNA America